Dental insurance is an affordable benefit and a healthy choice similar to exercising, eating properly and getting enough sleep. There are many perks that make having oral care coverage important.
1. Maintaining good oral health with dental insurance has more benefits than most people are aware of. Poor dental care can lead to other diseases including diabetes, respiratory disease, osteoporosis, and cardiovascular disease.
2. Dental care is expensive. For example, without dental insurance, a complete teeth cleaning appointment that includes x-rays and an exam by a dentist averages $198 according to memberbenefits.com. Most dental insurance plans provide 100% coverage for diagnostic and preventative services.
3. Pain is the body’s way of signaling that something is wrong. Dental pain is one of the worst with aggravated nerves possibly leading to tooth decay, injury or loss of a tooth. Having insurance provides a financial resource to ease the pain, literally and financially.
4. Expensive prosthetics (crowns, bridges, and implants) provide a good aesthetic appearance as well as improve the function of the teeth and mouth. With a dental insurance plan, an individual will have financial assistance and a confident smile.
5. Bacteria buildup in the mouth can lead to bad breath, decay, cavities and eventually tooth loss. Dental insurance can provide maintenance to help ward off these possibilities.
6. While brushing and flossing are important, dentists and dental hygienists have access to the equipment needed to make your teeth squeaky clean.
7. Utilizing dental benefits to maintain a healthy mouth saves the 164 million work hours that are lost each year because of dental problems. School children also miss 51 million hours of school each year due to dental-related illnesses.
8. Dental coverage can promote oral exams to detect the signs and symptoms of over 120 medical conditions of the mouth, throat, and neck. With cancer being a common diagnosis, it is important to receive annual oral health checks.
American Online Benefits Group offers dental insurance as one of the Health Depot Association benefits. Please contact our agent or member services to receive more information at 214-389-9072.