LetsGetChecked provides easy to use home testing kits for over thirty health and wellness conditions. Members can avoid doctor’s offices with access to home testing kits that are FDA lab and physician approved. Confidential and accurate results are available from your secure online account within 2 to 5 days. American Online Benefits Group has partnered with LetsGetChecked, offering member discounts on home testing kits as a value-added benefit included with a number of our health plans.
LetsGetChecked has performed over 573,496 home tests. Over 19,384 infections have been detected from those tests.
LetsGetChecked was founded in 2014 by Peter Foley. After a delayed cancer diagnoses at the age of 16, Foley found the motivation to start his own firm providing people with home testing kits and the ability to monitor themselves for ill health from the comfort of their own home.
Here are answers to some of the most popular questions regarding LetsGetChecked home testing kits:
What are the benefits of at-home testing?
With the United States being in the whirlwind of a pandemic, access to at-home testing has become a highly preferred convenience. Being able to avoid a visit to the doctor has many perks including deflecting sick people, avoiding long office waits and continuing to be able to maintain your health with an online portal and app.
What type of tests are available?
Most recently, LetsGetChecked received authorization from the FDA and launched their SARS-CoV-2 test, also popularly known as the Coronavirus Test (COVID-19). The specimen for testing is gathered with a gentle and non-invasive nasal swab with results available online 24-48 hours after the lab receives the sample.
Available Home Testing Kits by Category Include:
- Sexual Health- Three STD testing packages available (Basic, Standard 5 and Complete 10)
- Women’s Health- Fertility testing (Progesterone, Ovarian Reserve, and Female Hormone)
- Men’s Health- Testosterone, and Male Hormone Tests (Hormone Plus and Hormone Advanced)
- Wellness- examine organ function (kidney, liver and thyroid tests) and test for diseases such as Lyme and Celiac disease. Includes Colon Cancer Screening Test, heart health, cholesterol and C-reactive protein tests.
How will my order be sent to me?
When you place your order, you will have the choice of: Standard or Express Delivery. In the US or Canada, express shipping usually takes 2-3 business days to arrive. Your package will arrive with a delivery carrier (UPS or DHL) and will require a signature.
How accurate are these tests?
Each test is analyzed in the same labs used by doctors, clinics and hospitals. As such, the tests are extremely accurate. The laboratories used carry the highest level of Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) approval and College of American Pathologists (CAP) accreditation.
Are my results shared with my doctor?
LetsGetChecked services are completely confidential. They do not share your results with anyone. The results will be delivered to your personal secure online portal for you to access and use as you wish. Their nursing support team can provide you with a PDF copy of your results if you choose to share the results with your doctor.
Do I need a prescription to order these tests?
No, you do not need a prescription or doctors’ referral to order any of the home testing kits. All you need to do is place an order online through the website and they will be happy to send your test to you.
How do I place my order?
Choose your test on the website link provided with your membership and Add to Basket. Make sure you change your country to the correct one in the top right corner. Click Proceed to Checkout. Create your account with your name and delivery address. Choose Delivery Method, enter your AOBG Promo code if applicable and confirm your order. Complete the process by paying with a credit card or PayPal and your test will be on its way.
What labs does LetsGetChecked use?
They have many labs worldwide and your sample will be sent to the appropriate lab for processing. Tests are processed in CLIA, CPA, INAB approved and CAP accredited labs.
How does it work?
- Order a test online through the link provided with your membership. The test will be sent to the mailing address you provide.
- Collect your sample at home by following the simple instructions provided. Return your sample to the lab in the prepaid envelope.
- Once received by the lab, results will be reported in 2-5 working days later to your online account. For many tests, you will also receive a nurse call to discuss the results before they are released to your account.
- Any positive or out of range results will elicit a call by the nursing support team to explain the results and offer advice. A PDF copy will be provided for you to give your doctor if you like.
How do I activate my test?
- Click on the button on the LetsGetChecked site that says Activate Kit.
- Log into or create an account from this screen.
- Validate your cell/mobile phone number with the verification code sent to you via text.
- Use the Numerical Code on your kit that starts with “LGC” as part of your test activation. When entering your code, you do not need to enter “LGC” or the dashes.
- The alpha code on your kit is also used in the activation process, a 6-letter code entered with no spaces.
When should I return my sample to the lab?
We recommend that you collect the sample Monday- Wednesday and return it to the lab the same day. Please do not collect your sample after Wednesday as the sample may not reach the lab before the weekend.
Can the tests be sent to a P.O. Box?
Tests can be sent to a P.O. box with Standard Shipping. It is not possible to send the tests to a P.O. Box with Express shipping as a signature is usually required on delivery.
Are the test kids suitable for any age?
The test kits are NOT suitable for children. It is advised that you contact your doctor who will be able to assist you further.
How do I interpret my COVID-19 results?
There are four possible results you may receive from this test:
- Positive- you have tested positive and the strain of coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) which leads to the development of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has been detected in your sample.
- Negative- you have tested negative and the strain of coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) which leads to the development of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has not been detected in your sample.
- Inconclusive- it was not possible to determine if you have the strain of coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) which leads to the development of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). We recommend that you repeat your test.
- Invalid- it was not possible to determine if you have the strain of coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) which leads to the development of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). We recommend that you repeat the test.
Inconclusive or invalid results do not mean you do not have the infection or will not get sick. You should watch for symptoms such as a fever, couch or shortness of breath.
You should inform your healthcare provider of all the above results.
What fertility test are available for those trying to conceive?
There are a wide range of home testing kits for both men and women. For a woman who is struggling to conceive, both the female hormone test and the ovarian reserve test are recommended. The most extensive male hormone test is the male hormone advanced which will look at testosterone, sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), free androgen index, prolactin and oestradiol.
Should those without signs and symptoms get STD tested?
Even if you have no symptoms it is still important to get checked. Many STDs are asymptomatic or present themselves with symptoms similar to other common illnesses like the flu.
LetsGetChecked provides a comprehensive list of home testing kits to meet the needs of managing your health and wellness. Avoiding the doctor’s office, maintaining confidentiality, and 24/7 nurse access are benefits or utilizing this convenient service. Information is provided on the LetsGetChecked site regarding how to collect nasal, blood, urine and stool samples.
American Online Benefits Group offers plans that include access to LetsGetChecked discounts for members. Please contact our agent or member services to receive more information at 214-389-9072.