HD DirectPoint helps offset out-of-pocket expenses incurred from a covered sickness, condition or accident.
Healthcare can be very expensive. Hospital confinement, Emergency Room and ambulance costs alone can create a financial burden. If you factor in potential lost income due to time off work, transportation to and from medical care visits, or hiring help with child care, meals and other household duties, an extended hospital stay creates even more unanticipated out-of-pocket costs. The Group Fixed Indemnity Limited Benefit Medical insurance benefits included with this membership an help relieve this pressure so members can focus on getting well.
The New Health Depot DirectPoint memberships include Group Sized Indemnity Limited Benefits, underwritten by Fidelity Security Life Insurance Company ®, six annual physician office visits, ICU, hospital confinement and more.
- Membership in the Health Depot Association
- Between the ages of 18 and 70 on the effective date
- Dependent children must be under the age of 26 unless otherwise mandated by state
- Reside in an available state
HD DirectPoint Benefit Highlights
- Three plan levels to choose from
- Up to $1,500 of Hospital and ICU Confinement
- Up to $1,000 of ER Indemnity Benefits
- Up to $100 for Outpatient Dr Office Visits up to 6 visits per year
- Diagnostic Lab/ Xray Benefits
- Ground/Air Ambulance Benefits
- Wellness Benefit
HD Direct Point includes the MultiPlan Limited Benefit Network through MultiPlan, Inc., which offers choice, savings and quality.
- Choice– broad access to nearly 4,400 hospitals, 79,000 ancillaries and more than 700,000 healthcare professionals.
- Savings– negotiated discounts that result in significant cost savings when members visit in-network providers, helping to maximize their benefits.
- Quality– MultiPlan applies rigorous criteria when credentialing providers for participation in the MultiPlan Network.
Additional HD DirectPoint Benefits
HD DirectPoint includes additional benefits for the policy holder to receive discounts on value-added services. The additional discounts included are:
- MDsave– receive pricing for medical services, lowering out-of-pocket costs
- MyMedLab– efficient, affordable solution to medical laboratory testing
- Beltone– members & immediate family receive complimentary hearing screenings
- ID Life– health simplified with an individually designed nutrition program
- Consumer Discounts– association savings on a wide variety of products & services
- Business Resources– discounts on business related supplies & services
Are pre-existing conditions covered on the HD DirectPoint plans?
The Group Fixed Indemnity Limited Benefit Medical Insurance does not cover pre-existing conditions for the first 12 months. Specifically, if members had care rendered or prescribed to them by a physician within 12 months leading up to their effective date, they will have a waiting period of 12 months from the effective date before any clams related to their condition will be covered. This may vary by state.
HD DirectPoint helps with out-of-pocket expenses associated with an unforeseen injury or illness. With three plan choices and additional benefits it’s easy to find a plan to fit any lifestyle. Please contact our Agent or Member Services to receive more information at 214-389-9072.