Telemedicine. What used to make a tiny splash is now making enormous waves. There are unlimited benefits when considering why you need telemedicine, centered around convenience, saving money and improving access to healthcare.
With healthcare costs continuing to rise year after year, having access to telemedicine benefits in controlling the costs associated with an illness or injury by:
- Decreasing weekend urgent care visits and avoid needing to wait till Monday to see your doctor.
- Cost control as prices for healthcare services vary between rural areas and the big city.
- There are no additional costs for a telemedicine consultation with a TELEMED360 membership.
Retail clinic costs for minor illnesses and injuries varies from $99-$139.
Increase Access to Care
Often times you may not seek medical care because access to a physician is difficult or you may not be able to afford the costs associated with a doctor’s visit. Improve your access to care and:
- Receive the care of a physician before your condition becomes serious.
- Access telemedicine care at home or on vacation, providing the healthcare you need.
- Have access to a Board-Certified Physician remotely for no additional cost with TELEMED360.
Treat a Large Variety of Conditions
Whether you have a sore throat, twist your ankle walking off a curb or have a question about seasonal allergies, telemedicine physicians are available to treat a wide variety of common illnesses and injuries including:
- Common cold
- Pink Eye
- Sore throat
- And more
Board-Certified Physicians treat over 50 routine medical conditions to help you get on your way to feeling better.
One of the last things you probably feel like doing when you aren’t feeling well is getting in the car and driving to the doctor’s office or emergency room. Benefits of having access to telemedicine related to health safety include:
- Avoid crowded doctor’s offices and the packed emergency rooms with other symptomatic people.
- Decrease your risk for exacerbating your condition by traveling to a clinic while ill.
- Avoid infecting other people by receiving quality healthcare from the comfort of your own home.
Improve Health Outcomes
Having the ability to receive healthcare from home improves the speed of your recovery and helps to avoid the need for more invasive or extended medical intervention by:
- Decreasing the number of hospital admissions and re-admissions necessary due to illness.
- Shortening your hospital stay with the ability to receive follow-up care from home.
- Receiving remote monitoring for maintenance of chronic conditions.
Decrease Employee Time Off
Breaking away from work, scheduling travel, and arranging childcare can make it difficult to receive healthcare from a physician in the clinic setting. Therefore, employee attendance is improved with the ability to:
- Schedule an appointment quickly in-between work meetings or on the road.
- Decrease time required to return to being well and maintain performance and productivity.
- Reduce time needed to take off from work and the need to use valuable PTO.
Real-time Care with Providers
Telemedicine provides access to a physician at your fingertips 24/7. Through virtual consultations, telemedicine care is received in current time by/for:
- Receiving care via mobile app, live video chat or phone.
- Determining if your current health situation requires additional intervention.
- Prevent your condition from worsening with a physician consultation.
No Worry Finding an In-Network Doctor
Finding a healthcare physician in-network may be difficult at times if you are in a rural area or traveling. Additionally access may be limited due to long waits to receive an appointment. Have access to an array of doctors with:
- Access to an on-call doctor 24/7 regardless of your insurance network.
- Avoid expenses associated with out-of-network doctor’s visits.
- TELEMED360 has no additional cost with unlimited monthly physician consults for the entire family.
Time is invaluable. With all the daily tasks in life to tend to, waiting to see a doctor is something less than pleasurable. Telemedicine allows you to:
- Schedule an appointment time that’s convenient to accomodate you and your family’s needs.
- Utilize various accessible electronic features so you don’t have to wait on hold.
- Avoid clinic and ER wait times, as we all know it’s rare doctors are running on schedule.
Ask Questions In-Between Appointments
Sometimes making a trip to the doctor’s office is not necessary. The need may be as simple as asking the question of how to alternate Tylenol and aspirin for your safety, or what is the best over the counter allergy cream. Access to a doctor from home to avoid trips is beneficial to:
- Ask medication question when your doctor is unavailable.
- Receive advice on managing conditions like diabetes, MS, and other illnesses.
- Seek medical advice for a minor illness or injury such as a cut, bruise or cough.
Resume Care with Your PCP
Visits through telemedicine are recorded electronically and are available for submission to your PCP for follow-up review when necessary. With TELEMED360 these visits can be emailed directly to your physician’s office for a continuity of care.
TELEMED360 provides telemedicine as one of the many benefits included with each membership. Additionally, other benefits are included to help manage your health and provide access to affordable medical lab and diagnostic testing, prescriptions, online medical record storage and more.
Please contact our Agent Services or Member Services Team to receive more information at 214-389-9072.